Return to Web View
Friday Favs "Bite the Dust"
DAK’s Daily Diary
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
DAK’s Daily Diary houses Joe Kristufek’s independent, day-by-day view of Hawthorne’s individual race cards. Handicappers’ perceptions often vary, and this diary offers one man’s opinion.
Weather: 35 degrees, winds east at 12 mph (tailwind in stretch)
Times: 1 second slow
Multiple Win Day:
Jockeys – Campbell (2), Emigh (2)
Trainers – None
Once again, the main track played perfectly fair with two wire jobs, two press and pounce wins, two stalk and pounce scores and three off the pace victories. The track appeared a little deep, as times were a bit on the slow side. Times notwithstanding, and even playing surface is the most important thing.
· Hawthorne was a graveyard for favorites on Friday. The only chalk to come through was the 7-5 shot Thunderous Summer in race eight. The eight beaten favorites were all sent off at odds of 6-5 or lower – 1st race – Albata at 2-5 (2nd); 2nd race – Wildcata at 4-5 (3rd); 3rd race – Hello Girlfriend at 3-5 (2nd); 4th race – Ormond by the Sea at 4-5 (2nd); 5th race – Royko at 6-5 (3rd); 6th race – Dubuque at 1-1 (2nd); 7th race – Internship at 6-5 (3rd); 8th race – Thunderous Summer at 7-5 (WON); and 9th race – Baptistry at 4-5 (2nd). .
· With a pair of victories on Friday, leading rider Chris Emigh has now posted five consecutive multiple win afternoons (not including Monday, March 13 when only one race was conducted). For the young meet, Emigh has nine multiple win days.
Horses to Watch
- Dorella – fired fresh in what appeared to be a needed race; class hike?
- Perfect Harmony – tracked moderate pace, quick move turn in hand
- A Classic Aussie – perfect press, hung late, may have needed race
- Aroarable – stumbled start, lost 2 lengths, strong momentum stretch
Best of luck, and keep on Horsin’ Around!
DAK U LATER!
Copyright ©2017 Hawthorneracecourse.com. All rights reserved.
Web site developed by: Select Web Ventures