Congratulations to our St. Paddy’s Winners!
This year St. Patrick’s Day fell on a Saturday, which gave us an opportunity to offer a very busy, fun-filled day of activities wrapped around an afternoon of live racing. It was a day for everyone to be Irish and celebrate.
The day was punctuated with drawings, giving all a chance to experience the Luck ‘O the Irish! Let’s meet our winners from last Saturday, St. Paddy’s Day.
$100 VOUCHER WINNERS
After races 1-7 we drew the names of two lucky fans who received a $100 Hawthorne wagering voucher. The lucky winners are:
* K. Adamczyk, Chicago * Martin Coen, Chicago
* Mike Wasik, Oak Lawn * Gilbert Fournier, Cicero
* Adolph J. Rizleris, Chicago Ridge * Tifanie Dubrule, Chicago
* Joe Bunzol, Chicago * Ray Sprovieri, Addison
* Beverly L. Mallahan, Cicero * Sue Miller, Joliet
* Jennifer Hausbaker, Bolingbrook * Doug Miller, Joliet
* Adeline Harper, Chicago * George Schaefer, New Lenox
GOLD COIN WINNER
Following the eighth race on the card we upped the ante, so to speak, by offering a pure gold coin, consisting of one ounce of gold. At gold’s current price, the value of the coin would be between $650 and $700.
The winner of the gold coin is Dave Rusniak of Chicago. His newly-acquired gold coin is resting in its handsome display case.
IRISH GALENA GETAWAY PACKAGES
After the ninth race was made official we drew two names and each lucky fan won a Claddagh Package to historic Galena, Illinois. Each Claddagh Package is for two people and consists of:
- Accommodations for two nights at The Irish Cottage
- Welcome basket full of Irish surprises
- Hot Irish breakfast for two each morning (or, European continental breakfast if Monday through Friday)
- Two drinks in Frank O’Dowd’s Irish Pub
- Dinner for two at either Vinny Vanucchi’s or Oscar Pike’s restaurant
I suggest you go on the internet and visit the web sites of the above establishments and the town of Galena. You just may wish to plan your own getaway.
The two lucky winners of the getaway weekends are Carrie Folken and Kelly Keil. A bit of Irish luck in those names, is there now?
Hawthorne congratulates the winners of our St. Paddy’s Day drawings. Always read the cover of the Hawthorne track program to keep abreast of all the Hawthorne Happenings coming your way.